Klook.com

Wednesday, April 12, 2023

,

Lengthy statement Lee Seunggi's post on his Instagram to address recent issues

 In December last year, I received overwhelming praise from the public for donating 5 Billion KRW that I received from my former agency. Many people gave me support and courage. I felt like I was living in the midst of compliments for about two months. After announcing my marriage to my wife, Lee Da In, the mood changed, but it doesn't matter. Donations and good comments are two separate things. Because I didn't donate to gain support from the public. 

I always believe that the public is right. If the public dislikes something, there is a reason behind it. However, sometimes it can be unfair. For example, when the public misunderstands something.

"Did I embezzle 26 Billion KRW through stock manipulation and harm 300,000 people?"

That is false information. I don't know where some journalists and Youtubers even gathered this information, but it's entirely groundless. Lee Da In's parents have filed a complaint to the Media Arbitration Commission against five media outlets (Sports Kyunghyang, Ten Asia, Xports News, Celeb Media, and Wikitree) that reported the news.

The journalists couldn't prove anything. The committee requested the media outlets to correct their report and they all said they do it. 

(I'm attaching additional content below)

On the 12th, Money Today released an article titled "Lee Seunggi's marriage PPL controversy". The same media outlet also published an article on Feb 7th titled "Swallowed 260 Billion KRW... Will Lee Seunggi become a fraudster son-in-law?"

In the past, there have been occasions in the entertainment industry where wedding sponsorship became an issue. I am aware that most people are paying for their own wedding expenses lately. I also wanted to treat my guests to a nice meal as a way to express my gratitude without any sponsorship. 

Reporter Chae Tae-byung, I wonder how it would've been if you give me a call through my company beforehand. If only you asked, "There has been a rumor spreading online about you. Is it real?", I would've provided you a detailed answer.

A representative of a media outlet asked me: "Seunggi, do you know why reporters don't bother to make phone calls? It's because they wouldn't be able to write an article if the controversy turns out to be false. As you know, controversial articles tend to generate more views. That's why they don't bother to make phone calls and just write the article."

Come to think of it, I'm reminded of an article titled "Lee Seunggi can't handle a crisis due to the lack of proper management." Did you, by any chance, not give me a call because of that article?

Reporter Chae, I am now under a new company. I also have a manager whom I have been working with for 10 years. From now on, I kindly ask you to contact me before writing any articles.

Now that we're talking about management, it reminds me of an article posted by Ten Asia titled "Lee Seunggi can't handle a crisis, it's not the time for him to be lost in honeymoon dreams". It was written by Reporter Woobin, who has a lot of affection for me. 

In that article, the reporter stated, "What Lee Seunggi needs most right now is not support, but a management that can give him advice." He cited Hook Ent. as an example, the company that helped me create an excellent image as a student council president. 

Reporter, I would like to share a scary story with you. If you would like to conduct further investigation, please contact me. 

One day, the director of Hook Ent. called me and said, "Reporter A is investigating Lee Da In's father. If it gets published, it would be a big problem." Not long after that, the director told me, "The things have been handled well. I really struggled to stop them" with a sense of pride. 

However, as you know, the world is truly small. I happened to get connected with Reporter A. Reporter A told me, "I found a reporter from Hook Ent. who is leaving comments on our articles. I got connected with them and asked them a favor to leave hate comments about Lee Da In's father." It's called Hook-lighting. Then, they demanded me a gift. They called me from the third floor of Louis Vuitton, as they enjoyed eating Gamjatang. They even asked me for payment under the guise of gifts several times. 

Reporter Woobin. The PR who works with me said that you 'are writing criticism as a way to express your affection to me' and that you are always open to arrange a meeting with me, right? 

If you think articles titled 'Pestle son-in-law and mortar mother-in-law (NB: Korean proverb)', 'An extravagant wedding ceremony, rumors about gunshot marriage', and 'Lee Seunggi's image collapsed along with his marriage' are criticism you use to express your affection to me... It seems like I'm still lacking a lot. 

(NB: Let me know if you want me to translate the 2nd post too)

theqoo

-Can't he just stay quiet? I don't want to hear anything about him anymore...

-Why did no one stop him from writing this post?

-Looks like he really loves Lee Da Inㅋㅋㅋ

-That's a lengthy post and yet I still got nothing out of it. It would've been better if he stayed quiet. This only makes me realize how stubborn he is.

-Fine, Seunggi-ya... The public is stupid~~ You're right~~

-He shouldn't have said anything...ㅎ

-I guess celebrities are just people selling their imageㅋㅋ This doesn't sound like the Lee Seunggi that I knew

-What is he doing now...ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-His previous company did a really great job on building a great image for him...

-What the heck is this...

-Is he posting this in the middle of his honeymoon?

trazy.com