Klook.com

Sunday, August 30, 2020

What if the kid you've raised for 6 years is not your real kid? Which option will you choose?

From the movie 'Like Father, Like Son'





The hospital suddenly contacts you to tell you that the kid you've been raising for 6 years is not actually your kid (NB: Your kid was switched at birth). What would you do?
You can not raise the both of them

1. Continue to raise the kid you've been raising
2. Take your real kid and raise him


-If my real kid is being raised by another family with full of love, I think I'm just going to choose #!

-My son is 6 years and if I were in that position, I don't think I'll be able to let him go... I love him with my whole heartㅠㅠ How do you expect me to let him go out of all the sudden...? Both of us are just going to cry everyday...

-#1... 6 years is not a short period of time, if I let him go, I would always think about him. And I think it would be weird and awkward to suddenly raise another kid, even though it's my real kid...

-I think you have to let him go while he's still young. Kids get their personalities from their parents, it may not feel like that now but you'll realise it when he gets older, that he's not your kid. 

-As a mother of a 4 years old... I don't think I can let my kid go. I'm writing this as I'm looking at my kid sleeping next to me. 

-#1 with no doubt. All this time, I've been raising him as my kid. That's all that matters. 

-Of course, it would be hard to let go of the kid that I've been raising. But if I were in that position, I probably would keep wondering the whereabouts of my real kid. I think I'm going to go crazy. 

-Before I had a kid of my own, I chose #2. But now that I have one, I'm choosing #1ㅠㅠ However, I would love to meet my real kid...

-#1... The emotional attachment we develop as I raise the kid wouldn't be easy to get rid of...

-#1... Genes don't matter to me, it's not a big deal...

-If it was me, I think I would be curious about my real kid. However, it doesn't necessarily mean that I can let go of the kid I've raised for 6 years... 

-#2... Before it's too late, I'm going to raise him. 

-I have a 2 years old son. I would never let go of him even if he wasn't my real kid. 

-I don't think I can choose, this is a very difficult situation...
trazy.com