Klook.com

Thursday, April 20, 2023

Do you think celebrities suffer from depression only because of malicious comments?

 Although it may be one of the major causes, I'm sure it's not the only reason

pann
[+1,089][-30]

1. [+410][-6] Not only celebrities, but our nation as a whole is experiencing depression. Although it may seem like a bigger issue when it happens to celebrities, the ratio of celebrities to the general population who commit suicide is actually negligible at 2.5:10,000. I agree that malicious comments are a serious problem, but I think something is wrong with our society.

2. [+268][-13] Rather than malicious comments, I think the profession itself is not ordinary and involves a lot to handle and endure. Therefore, it's natural for them to be mentally and physically exhausted. Famous stars are having it hard dealing with their fame and unpopular celebrities are also having it hard dealing with their low fame. Are you guys kids or what... Why are you blaming it all on the malicious comments? Celebrities are prone to feelings of emptiness and loneliness, and this can easily turn into depression. It's hard to control. This may be out of topic, but I really don't like people who keep asking 'Why don't you debut as a celebrity?' to non-celebrities who are good-looking, as if they didn't know that being a celebrity means having a lot to handle and endure. Even for non-celebrities, receiving a lot of attention could be hard and exhausting. They have to deal with getting a lot of attention, it only becomes harder for them if they become celebrities. That's why I think being a celebrity is not an easy job.

3. [+202][-5] I think it could also be because of their schedule. I'm an employee myself and I can say that I feel depressed when I have to work like crazy until dawn. Even now, I have a lot of work to do and I've been working overtime for several months. I feel a little bit depressed, not to mention that I'm also in pain physically. I can only imagine how much busier idols are with practices, performances, recordings, photoshoots, etc. They can't even rest comfortably because of their companies are sensitive when it comes to money. It seems that the busier they are, the worse their mental state becomes. Besides, they don't have the leisure to take a break just because they're having burnout. 

4. [+170][-4] It could also be the pressure. You know those pictures that show a lot of PD and staffs behind the cameras when they perform on stage. Companies only care about profits anyway. I think it's amazing for entertainers to perform their roles (whether it's singing or acting) while being watched by a lot of people. Honestly, I used to envy celebrities, but now my thoughts have changed. When I think about it, I don't think it's easy to do my job when dozens of people, especially those who are higher than me, are watching me.

5. [+167][-11] It's the profession where they get judged even for the smallest thing they do. It's the profession you can withstand with normal mental strength.

trazy.com