Klook.com

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Is calling other people 'pretty' considered as rude these days?

So, I just made two new friends. And you guys all know when we just know each other, we would talk about how pretty they are to build up conversation, right??

One of my new friends called me pretty. It felt nice to hear and I thanked her, I was about to tell her that she looks pretty too but my other new friend argued. She claimed that telling someone else is pretty means that we're judging their looks, and that is rude. She lost her temper. So I said, I had no problem and felt happy to hear her call me pretty. I mean, who on earth wouldn't be happy if somebody else tells them they're pretty..

So anyway, this girl literally lost it. I didn't think it was a big problem, I was just about to let it go but she kept on talking about how rude is it to tell someone how pretty they are. That we need to fix that habit of ours. It ruined the whole mood and in the end, we just walked back to our class.

But is calling other people 'pretty' considered as rude..?
I seriously don't understand..


[+302][-62]

1. [+370][-104] She must be a feminist..

2. [+284][-57] People these days are so sensitive..ㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+250][-53] So people these days get mad about simple things like that..? I don't understand..

4. [+132][-8] If your opponent doesn't feel happy when you tell them they're pretty, you can simply just apologize. But I don't think it's right for your friend to get  all mad and upset at that condition, considering that your other friend wasn't even talking to her..

5. [+121][-13] It could be offensive in some situations too, don't you think so? For example, if your friend tells you that you're pretty, you would feel nice and happy. But if a stranger suddenly comes up to you and say, 'You look okay..ㅋㅋ' then you must feel really offended, right? I think your friend is just warning you to not judge other people by their looks..

trazy.com