Klook.com

Saturday, September 3, 2022

,

Sunye finally opens up about her withdrawal from Wonder Girls ... "There had been a misunderstanding between me and the public"

 https://v.daum.net/v/20220902220831872


"When I had to leave Wonder Girls, there were so many question marks inside my head. As an idol, I have a big influence on people in their 10s. Therefore, I was really careful when I sing and give interviews so that I wouldn't be a negative influence on them. When my career was at its peak, my father and grandfather passed away. Facing two deaths, I started to think about my life. There were so many questions about my life. I came to the realization that there was this void in me, "Is this the happiness that I've always wanted?". I think that void couldn't even be filled with fame and money. I also realized that performing no longer brings me as much happiness as it used to before. That's when I thought to myself that I should get some rest"

She continues, "It's getting more severe slowly as the time passes by. I feel like my concerns and how I feel when I'm on stage are affecting the other members". Oh Eunyoung asks, "Why did you choose to withdraw from the group?"

Sunye responds, "There was a misunderstanding because of the term 'Withdrawal'. The public thought the other members couldn't promote because of me. In fact, at that time Wonder Girls was on hiatus as they prepared for a band. I didn't want to hurt the other members, so I thought I should speak up about this. I think the public wants me to explain this thoroughly."


-I'm sure she chose the best option there was for herself. Besides, it's all already in the past. However, I don't really like how she said she left the group for the sake of the other members.

-I heard she left the group because her husband always followed her through her schedules and the fans found it uncomfortable, is that right?

-I was a Wonderful and I still am one. I just don't have any thoughts about this. I just hope she's happy and living her best life. Just leave her alone, don't attack her. You guys really should check out the show.

-Before anything else, Sunye is just a human. I can totally understand her.

-Okay. So why did you come back after getting married? Who looks after your kids? Your husband? I guess you realized that being celebrity is the best occupation afterallㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-She explained that she no longer felt as happy as she used to when she performed. It's completely okay for her to go for the kind of life she wants. Being an idol is just one of so many occupations in this world. She doesn't have to risk her life just for that.

-I was hurt by her choice back then, but when I heard she was coming back, I sincerely wish her good luck. I wish people would stop mentioning her past. The other members and Wonder Girls' fans are supporting her now. 

-Two of her family members passed away. How could she continue to work?ㅠㅠ

-I watched this episode and I totally understand her choice. I'm rooting for her. I wish her and her family happiness.

-I absolutely understand her. If she put her group first before herself in that situation, it would only ruin her mental health. 

-I start to think about death a lot after I enter my 20s, therefore I really understand how she feels. I'm sorry for misunderstanding youㅠㅠ 

-It has been awhile since she left the group and yet she's still receiving hate for it... I'm rooting for her
trazy.com