Klook.com

Monday, September 9, 2024

Taking a look back at the impact of WannaOne, who is said to be the last boy group with major mass popularity

 Produce 101 Season 2 Air Dates: April 7, 2017 – June 16, 2017

WannaOne Debut Date: August 7, 2017

The summary of the most searched keywords on Naver 2017

3rd: Produce 101 Season 2

6th: Kang Daniel

10th: WannaOne

Their debut song entered the charts at #1, with a record-breaking 99,000 users streaming the song, the highest at that time. 

Top 10 Singers of 2017 (Up to 3 Free Responses)

Question: Among the pop singers/groups who have been active this year, who are your favorite singers/groups? Please name up to 3 people/groups in order of preference.

6th place: WannaOne with representative songs: Energetic, Beautiful, Pick Me


Top 10 Singers of 2017 by Age Group (%, Top 10, Up to 3 Free Responses)

6th place for 13 to 18 year olds
4th place for 19 to 29 year olds
5th place for 30s

Despite being newcomers, they ranked 6th in the 2017 Gallup survey for boy groups... (5th in 2018)


Top 20 Idol Preferences of 2017 (Up to 3 Free Responses)

Question (for ages 13–29 only): Among the idols currently active as a group or solo artist, who is your favorite singer/member?

2nd place: Kang Daniel


Idol Preferences of 2017 by Gender/Age Group (%, Up to 3 Free Responses)

Male
5th place for 13 to 18 year olds and 19 to 29 year olds

Female
2nd place for 13 to 18 year olds and 19 to 29 year olds

At that time, there was also a Gallup survey for individual idols, and Wanna One's Kang Daniel ranked 2nd.


Whenever Wanna One appeared on a program, their popularity index would skyrocket.

Even the ranking of their shows reflects this:

1st - Happy Together (Guests: Wanna One)
2nd - Wanna One Go (Wanna One Reality Show)
3rd - The Return of Superman (Guests: Wanna One)




Additionally, they filmed 34 commercials and won rookie awards and grand prizes in just a year and a half, achieving what most boy groups do in seven years. 

Their short but explosive impact in terms of popularity and public attention was seriously no joke.

theqoo

-It was really tough back then, but it was so much funㅋㅋ I told myself I would stop being a fangirl after Wanna One ended... But I still am...ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-ㅋㅋㅋProduce 101 was insanely funㅋㅋㅋ Even at work, me and my colleagues always talk about which trainees we votedㅋㅋㅋ

-It was seriously so much fun back then.

-I don’t think I’ve had as much fun fangirling as I did back thenㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-It was fun, and I was happy.

-Fangirling over Wanna One back then was indeed insanely fun..

-Innisfreeㅋㅋㅋ I remember standing in line in the rain... That was legendary

-I spent so much money back then...🙄ㅋㅋㅋ But it was fun..ㅋㅋㅋ

-When I was an awkward and embarrassed intern, Produce 101 helped unite everyoneㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-I really loved them, and I still love my favorite members. If they reunited, I’d definitely fangirl again.

-I wish I had been a fan back then. It must’ve been so funㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-They’re probably the last boy group that even non-fans knew by name.

-I was a college student back then. I miss those days.
trazy.com