Klook.com

Saturday, September 28, 2024

,

It turns out that Seventeen's characters that created a buzz were actually drawn by the members

 

These characters received bad reactions after they were revealed. Especially Mingyu's, which is a potato.

Mingyu: Carats, I'm sorryใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ I picked a potato (as my character)... I'm sorry...ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹

ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹This is so funny and embarrassing, hahahaha

I made this character when my hair was really short...ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ I was like, 'Ah, whatever!!!'ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹

Ah, I'm really sorry

Fan: You said you didn't like it!!!!ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹

Mingyu: Well, isn't it kind of okay...? I think...??? 

I hated it!!! I did hate it, but when Carats keep mentioning it... I kind of started to accept it. 

Fan: Perhaps... You were the one who came up with the name too?

Mingyu: Should I quickly try drawing a Maltese raised by Kimja? Sorry, this one's my fault. ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹. I'm sorry. Yes, (I named it)... Kimja...

NB: Potato in Korean is ๊ฐ์ž/Gamja. 

Fan: I mean, you can draw potato prettily... Pledis' aesthetic sense suck. 

Mingyu:ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ I drew it too thoughtlessly, didn't I....ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹

I'm sorry, I was the one who drew that, though...?

Fan: It kinda looks like a thumb too...?

Mingyu: Just wait until you see potato dolls in stores, you're going to think they're super cute!! These kind of nicknames are actually good; they make you feel more attached, no...?

Fan: The big potato somehow looks reliable

Fan: I specifically asked them to make it the biggestใ…Žใ…Žใ…Ž

Mingyu came to say he drew them and then leftใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…œใ…œใ…œ

+

White rabbit - S.Coups

Pink bunny squirrel - Jeonghan

Deer - Joshua

Three cats - Jun

Tiger - Hoshi

Fox with purple glasses - Wonwoo

Rice grain - Woozi

Frog - The8

Potato - Mingyu

Beige poodle - Dokyeom

Tangerine - Seungkwan

Teddy bear with hoodie - Vernon

Otter - Dino

These are the character names~

theqoo

-I'm not even a fan, but I think the potato is the cutest.

-Is it because I'm a fan of another group...? But the potato is super cute to meใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ It's big and its eyes are so prettyใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ I guess the fans were disappointed...ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ… ใ… ใ… 

-The potato looks cute, thoughใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹

-Since the characters were drawn by the members, they become meaningful. Therefore fans came to accept and like it. But that doesn't change the fact that they still look ugly.

-Huh? What's so ugly about it? All these characters look really cute, though?

-After looking at all the characters, the potato really does stand outใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ I thought it was a peanut at first.

-I thought it was ugly... But since Mingyu drew it, there's nothing I can doใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹

-Hul... The potato is the cutest out of all the other characters. What's with these reactions?

-The potato is huge because Mingyu is huge as well. It's cute.

-You shouldn't criticize character designs as soon as they were released... There's always a high chance the members were involved in creating those character designs.

-Just because the member participated doesn’t mean you can’t criticize something for being bad. If it's ugly, it’s ugly. We don’t love them for their drawing skills. Even if they participate, the final design can still be polished by a professional.

trazy.com