Klook.com

Sunday, March 24, 2024

, ,

Blake Lively Apologizes for Mocking Kate Middleton Who Got Diagnosed with Cancer ... "I'm Mortified"

 


Blake Lively has apologized for mocking the news of Kate Middleton's battle with cancer, which she referred to as a "Photoshop fail."

On the 22nd (local time), Blake Lively posted on her SNS, "I'm sure no one cares today but I feel like I have to acknowledge this. I made a silly post around the "photoshop fails" frenzy, and oh man, that post has me mortified today. I'm sorry."


Recently, in honor of Mother's Day, the UK royal family released photos of Kate Middleton and her three children, which raised suspicions of being edited with Photoshop. The royal family acknowledged this fact and withdrew the photos.

On this day, overseas media outlets reported that Kate Middleton had been diagnosed with cancer. Kate Middleton stated via SNS, "I underwent significant abdominal surgery in London in January, which was considered non-cancerous. The surgery was successful, but cancer was found in postoperative tests." She continued, "The medical team recommended preventive chemotherapy, and I am currently in the early stages of that treatment."

Kate Middleton underwent abdominal surgery at a London hospital in January and was hospitalized for about two weeks, after which she did not appear in public.

Born in 1987, Blake Lively began her acting career in 1998. She gained fame for her role in the American drama "Gossip Girl," which also made her well-known in Korea. She married actor Ryan Reynolds in 2012.

-Kate Middleton has no other choice but to take such videos because even celebrities are mocking her...

-She was reckless, but she made a good decision by apologizing in a situation where an apology is due. However, I don't think I could forgive her if I were Kate Middleton. 

-Even apologizing requires courage. 

-It's good to admit mistakes and apologize. 

-It's surprising to see Blake Lively publicly mock someone despite having a profession that makes her constantly getting harassed by the media and netizens. Apologizing was the right thing to do, but still...

-It's very disappointing of her. Considering her profession, she must know very well what Kate Middleton experiences. Besides, she's a mother as well...

-It's very strange that Blake Lively didn't have the empathy to refrain herself from publicly mocking someone, despite being a public figure and a mother as well. At least she apologized, though. 

-She made a good decision by admitting her mistake and apologized publicly

-Even admitting a mistake and apologizing requires courage. It's still better than pretending nothing happened and moving on.

-I'm deeply disappointed. 

-I wasn't paying much attention until the news of her cancer diagnosis came out. She must've suffered cyberbullying so much to make that video. 

-That's very reckless of her. It's not like she's just an ordinary netizen, she's a public figure. I really liked her, but this time, I'm deeply disappointed. 

trazy.com