Klook.com

Friday, September 23, 2022

, ,

An idol who participated in Produce 101 took his own life at the age of 30

 

Jung Joongji, actor and singer who participated in Produce 101 took his own life at the age of 30. This news was delivered on the 20th by his own mother through Twitter. She tweeted, "This is Jung Joongji's mother. My son, Joongji, took his own life. I can't explain how I feel right now." Along with the tweet, she also attached two pictures. One of them was a picture of a woman, holding his portrait, with her head down. According to Jung Joongji's mother, he passed away on the 9th, just 4 days after his birthday. He was cremated on the 11th at 9AM. 

Jung Joongji was known for his 'Boyfriend material' pictures on Facebook and other SNS. He starred in musical 'Prison' and 'The Essence of Love'. He participated in Produce 101 S2 back in 2017, but was eliminated after ranking #64 and receiving 86,864 votes. In 2017, he won the 'Hanbit Awards' at a hallyu organizing committee. In 2018, he held his first own fanmeeting. 

theqoo

-He was only 30, he still had a long way ahead of himㅠㅠ 

-It's even sadder because I know his name and how he looks like. I hope he rests in peace. 

-Seems like netizens just killed another person. I remember him because I watched Produce 101ㅜㅜ I hope he rests in peace. 

-I didn't watch Produce 101, but I remember him because he used to get a lot of malicious comments back then. Oh my goodness.

-I hope this is just a rumor...

-What...? This is very shocking. I can't imagine how difficult it must've been for him. I hope he rests in peace. 

-Oh Gosh. I saw this on Twitter and I hoped it was a false rumor...

-No way...

-Didn't he have a younger sister...?

-???? Is this real? I'm very shocked right now...

-Hul. It must've been really tough for him. As one of Produce 101's viewers, I'm really sad to hear this news. The Tweet was posted on the 20th but it just started to gain attention now. I hope he rests in peace.

-Hul, Jung Joongji??? A few days ago, I randomly thought of him and looked up his recent whereabouts...

trazy.com