Klook.com

Friday, August 12, 2022

,

Drama that created a fuss after the male lead character's screen-time was decreased, going against the original Webtoon story line

 



Cheese in The Trap was originally a popular Webtoon series that had been gaining high viewer ratings and interest from the viewers of each episode. However, the dispute among netizens started as the storyline went down the drain. Seo Kangjoon, who at the time had been gaining a lot of fame, started to get more screen time and on the other hand, Park Haejin's , the male lead character of the drama, screen-time decreased significantly. 

The controversy became even bigger Park Haejin's scene from the original series was changed to Seo Kangjoon's scene. Some K-Netz in the online communities reacted, "It's a remake drama. It's possible to have slight differences from the original Webtoon series", "As someone who have read the original Webtoon series, I don't even want to watch this drama again. The storyline is going down the drain". On top of that, the comment section was divided into two opposite sides of Park Haejin's and Seo Kangjoon's supporters. 

The issue got even hotter as the casts went on a vacation after finishing the filming. On the 13th, it was revealed that the whole team will be going to Phuket for a vacation. However, Park Haejin's reps claimed, "We did not receive any information about this. Park Haejin is unable to go due to a schedule". Following this claim, the team released a clarification but that still couldn't stop the rumor that said 'Park Haejin and the production team are on a bad term' going around. 

On the 24th, Soonkki, the author of Cheese In The Trap Webtoon series released a statement on her blog. 
"The production team said they were going to direct the drama just like the original Webtoon series, however, none of them could be reached, therefore I had no idea how the drama was directed and filmed. When I request them to share the script, they denied saying that it was a high secret. They shared the script with me only up until the 6th episode. Right before they filmed the 14th episode, I asked them to make an ending that's different from the ending of the original Webtoon series. But they didn't listen, so I protested and asked them to change it for the second time. I never demanded them to direct the ending just like what I wanted. I only asked them to make it different from the original Webtoon series. However, I never forced my opinion on them"

--

Yoojung disappeared as the drama reached its ending. It was so bad, that the original author had to speak up about it. About the last episode... I don't even know how to explain it. 


-I agree. It was so annoying. I did not comment anything back then, but seeing Seo Kangjoon made me feel uncomfortable. I still can't watch anything he stars in even now.

-I feel bad for Seo Kangjoonㅋㅋㅋ People are saying how they still can't watch anything Seo Kangjoon stars in even now and whatsoeverㅋㅋㅋㅋ No one asked, no one cares...

-I'm a huge fan of the original Webtoon series. The drama pissed me off so bad that I stopped watching itㅋㅋㅋㅋ What a trashy drama...

-I'm a fan of the original Webtoon series. I just pretend like the drama never happened^^

-I really hate production teams who do not respect the original Webtoon series. If they didn't want to direct it just like the original storyline, they shouldn't have filmed it in the first place.

-This drama was very disappointing. I had such a high expectation towards them at first.

-I heard the script-writer of this drama was a big fan of Seo Kangjoon, that's why she increased his f*cking screen-time...

-After this happened, I always check the name of the director of every drama I'm watching. Just to make sure I'm not watching the drama that he directs.

-Why did they do that, though??

-Cheese In The Trap was indeed very disappointing...

-Hul.. This is shocking...

-I just rewatched this drama not too long ago. I couldn't bring myself to continue watching after Ep 6.

trazy.com