Klook.com

Wednesday, February 2, 2022

I proposed and got rejected, does it mean we broke up?

 

She is 32 and I'm 29. I asked her to marry me but I got rejected.

To be exact, I told her I want to become her husband and that I will make her happy when she's with me Then I pulled out a ring. 

It was very obvious that she was shocked. She told me that she still has no idea. 

The atmosphere got awkward. We finished our meal and went home.

Does it mean we broke up?

And no, I didn't ask her to marry me out of the blue. We talked about this a lot before. 

theqoo

-My friend went on a vacation with her boyfriend, where he asked her to marry him out of the blue. They broke up in the end.

-I think it's because they haven't dated for long enough? And I think her rejecting his marriage proposal doesn't necessarily mean breaking up.

-You should've asked her whether if she thinks there's no hope for them in the future or if she thinks you both still need more time

-I think it's just the bad timingㅋㅋ It's nobody's fault

-I got proposed the day before I got married...ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-Why would you ask that on an online community?? You should've talked to her instead.

-I don't think that means breaking upㅋㅋ Maybe it's still early for you to get married. Only your girlfriend knows the exact reason.

-Doesn't that mean she's breaking up with you? She clearly has thoughts to get married but she rejected you. Why would she date someone she has no intention to get married to?

-Yeah, you guys are breaking up...

-Dating and marriage are two different things

-She clearly wants to get married, yet she rejected you. The conclusion is that she's breaking up with you. The two of you have different purposes.

trazy.com