Klook.com

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

, ,

'The Glory' Cha Jooyoung talks about her topless scene, "My body+CG+a double, I didn't hesitate at all"

 Q: There are rumors that you used CG and a double in the topless scene

A: I've been waiting for this day to come. I finally can speak up regarding this matter. I had a lot of discussions with the script-writers and the producer, there are 'fixed' scenes that I had to film the moment I decided to play the role of Hyejeong. I personally think these scenes are very important. In the series, Hyejeong had a breast augmentation. Since I have never gotten one in real life, we used CG for the breast part. However, I exposed a lot of my skin in that scene, too. We had the double prepared, CG prepared, and also myself prepared. I put my heart and soul into all the important parts in the second part of the series. I did have concerns about filming it because it's not just your typical topless scene. We used a double for the shower scene. However, in the scene where Hyejeong took off her shirt, that was my body and a little bit of CG on top of it. 

Q: What do you feel after the scene was aired?

A: It raised a huge question mark for myself. I had to gain weight for the show and I looked different from how I usually looked. I wasn't burdened by that, but there are some points that I felt I could've done better. 

Q: That scene quickly became an issue after it aired. Do you regret it?

A: I personally think I did what I had to do. That scene and that role were crucial. 

Q: Were there moments when you hesitated about the role after you read the script?

A: No at all. I personally think that scene was very crucial for Hyejeong's role. Hyejeong is a character who doesn't have anything else besides her body. She is always belittled and looked down by her friends, but she had nothing to lose in that scene. We all thought Hyejeong was very cool in that scene. The whole crew was very considerate as well. 

theqoo

-That scene describes Hyejeong really well...

-I don't think we have to worry about actresses filming nude scenesㅋㅋㅋ I'm sure they already think thoroughly before taking the role, they're not kids afterallㅋㅋ

-I personally hate nude scenes, but I think that scene is very crucial for Hyejeong's role...

-She said, 'I've been waiting for this day to come'. Why does that sound so funny to me? Imagine how frustrated she must've been, she wanted to let all people knowㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-I love how she nailed this whole interview like a girlboss she is

-That scene was very crucial for Hyejeong's role. That was the first time she tried to stand up against Park Yeonjin. I can totally understand why she took off that clothes with no doubt there.

-I seriously still don't understand why that scene became so controversial...

-I was f*cking amazed by that scene. Not because of her nude, but because of her attitude towards Yeonjin. 

-She sounds very smart. It really shows how much she adores her role as Hyejeong. 

-Hul... I had no idea that was CG

trazy.com