Klook.com

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Are people from our parents' generation judgmental in terms of looks? Or is it just my parents?

 Are people from our parents' generation judgmental in terms of looks? Or is it just my parents? I really hate itㅠㅠ
I f*cking hate it when they comment on celebrities' looks, for example: 'She looks so old-fashioned', 'She won't survive in the entertainment industry if she wasn't a singer', etcㅠㅠ

When we eat in restaurants or go out, they would stare at strangers and whisper as they gossip until people turn their heads. It's so embarrassing. 
When I ask them how they would feel if people gossip about how I look, they would make excuses. I really hate itㅠㅠ

-That's so severe...

-My parents do that too...ㅎ... It's so embarrassing. But since I've gotten angry at them because of that, they no longer do it blatantly. However, they still make comments about others' looks when they watch TV at home.

-Hul... I can relate. I always get angry and them it's not a good thing to do and now they think I'm a short-tempered bitchㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-My parents do that too. They always comment about other people's looks. They won't stop even if I tell them to. I F*cking hate it. 

-My mom's just like that. She would make comments about people's looks when we go outside. It's embarrassing because I'm scared other people will hear her. When I tell her not to do that, she would stop. But she'd do it again a few days after that. 

I really hate listening to my parents' commenting about other people's looks
When I tell them to stop, they make me feel like I'm the sensitive one...ㅠㅠ

-I agree. My parents would say something like, 'Do you think she got anything done?'. I mean... How am I supposed to know?

-My parents make comments about celebrities' faces and bodies. I really hate it when they do that. 

I think our parents' generation is really judgmental in terms of looks
My mom and aunt are really judgmental when it comes to looks. So are my mom's friends.

-My mom's just like that. She always does that whenever she sees celebrities on TV.

-I agree. My mom even does that to strangers that walk passes by.

-I can relate. I find it so offensive so I ask her if she would feel upset or not if I get judged like that by strangers on street. She stopped doing that afterward.

theqoo

-My older sister does thatㅋㅋㅋ She would make comments like 'She's so f*cking ugly' to junior or high school students that walk past her... It's so stressful. Why would she do that to kids?

-My mom makes comments like, 'That baby needs to get her nose done when she's older'ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I ask her to get mine done and she says my nose is fine. It's ridiculous because my nose is ugly.

-My mom does that too. People from her generation seem to not understand that it's really offensive when they do that...

-My mom's just like that. However, she doesn't see any problem with doing that.

-My parents make comments about their own daughter, I won't be surprised if they make any about strangers... Just mind your own business, please...

-My mom is the opposite. She would tell me every people she sees is beautiful or handsome.

-My mom does that tooㅋㅋㅋ It's really embarrassing...

-My parents don't only comment about faces, but also bodies. And it's even worseㅠㅠ

-I think everyone in our country does that?????

-It's so embarrassing how they do that so thoughtlessly...

trazy.com