Klook.com

Tuesday, November 1, 2022

"Ran more than 1km while carrying his daughter" ... Testimony of a father of Itaewon tragedy survivor

 Daughter: Can you hear me?

Father: What is it? Where are you~~ Did something happen?

Daughter: I almost diedㅠㅠ I think I broke my leg. There's a crowd surge in Itaewon. I got stuck below on my way homeㅠ A lot of people died hereㅠㅠ Please help me. I'm scared. 


Jang (62) who lived in Sungnam gets blurry every time he thinks of the night of the 29th when he almost lost his daughter who is in her 20s. 

His daughter was in Itaewon with her friends to celebrate Halloween day when she called. 

His daughter talked with a worried tone, "People besides me are dead." At that moment, Jang doubted his ears and asked for more details. However, he couldn't talk to his daughter for a long time because the phone call kept on disconnecting. After a while, Jang noticed something was wrong as he received texts from his daughter. He quickly caught a taxi and headed to Itaewon police station. 

Jang explains, "I was wondering what happened after my daughter called. Around 11.30PM, I saw the news saying that 50 people are having cardiac arrest in Itaewon. That's when I caught a taxi. The road was blocked due to traffic control when I arrived near Itaewon. So I got off the taxi and ran about 1.5km"

The first thing Jang did when he arrived at the police station was to check the condition of his daughter's body. He says, "There were four people, including my daughter, lying in the police station. Her condition was really bad and she had to be transferred to the hospital quickly. However, there were too many victims and the rescue team prioritize them first. It seemed like it would take three or four hours for them to check my daughter"

He continues, "The casualties were their first priorities. My daughter was in so much pain and cars couldn't pass by that road because the traffic was completely controlled. In the end, I carried her to the nearest area I could catch a taxi. I ran more than 1km while carrying her on my back"

However, even after running for a long time, it wasn't easy for Jang to catch a taxi. Jang tried to get help from any vehicles passing through that road, but it didn't work out. At that time, a woman and a man who appeared to be in their 30s approached Jang and offered to give him a ride to the hospital. 

They took Jang and his daughter in their white BMW to the emergency room in Yeouido St Mary Hospital. 

However, the emergency room was unable to take other patients because it was already full of other victims. The man and woman didn't just leave Jang and his daughter there, they stayed and helped even though they were strangers. After asking where Jang lives, they took Jang and his daughter to the emergency room near their house. 

Jang adds, "The couple helped us to find a wheelchair as we arrived in the hospital. They helped us a lot. It took us about 3 to 4 hours to get into the current hospital. I tried to give them some money to express my gratitude, but they refused to accept and handed it back to me" 

theqoo

-Thank you so much for those people who helped this father and adughter...

-The couple who helped them is really amazing. So is the father who doesn't give up until the very end. It's such a relief. 

-My faith in humanity is restored. That wasn't an easy thing to do. They're really amazing for thatㅠㅠㅠ

-It's such a reliefㅠㅠ The couple who helped this father and daughter will be blesseㅠㅠ

-There are a lot of crazy bastards in this world, but I believe that there are even more kind people here. Let's not lose faith in humanity. 

-I can't imagine how he felt when his daughter told him that people besides her were dying...

-Carrying his daughter and running more than 1km...ㅠㅠㅠ I'm really grateful for the couple who helped themㅠㅠ I'm literally crying right now...

-I wish all the happiness in this world to the couple who helped this father and daughter...

-Thank you so much. You have saved someone's life.

-The father is really amazing. So are the couple who helped him even though they were strangers. They're really amazingㅠㅠ

-I hope this story will spread widely instead of stories about those horrible psychopaths...

-I guess the world is still worth living...

trazy.com