Klook.com

Friday, May 19, 2023

I told my psychiatrist that I feel depressed and want to die


My psychiatrist asked me if I would still feel the same if I were richer, more handsome, and more clever. 

I said no.

She told me that I feel depressed not because I have a mental illness, but because I'm poor, ugly, and stupid. She told me to earn money, take care of myself, and study.

 Do you think it makes sense or not?

theqoo

-If you've consulted with a psychiatrist before, you would know that this is just a made-up storyㅋㅋㅋ

-I personally think this story was made-up. However, my psychiatrist once told me that I would get better if I pray and read the Bible. She even prescribed me the medications I didn't need. There are a lot of weird doctors out there. 

-This may be out of topic, but this is exactly why you should find competent doctors. One of my friends has depression due to bullying. When she went to a psychiatrist, she was told that it all happened because of her and that she had to fix her personality because she was problematic. My friend ended up taking her own life. It was from a long time ago, she didn't even think to sue the hospital.

-You're saying that an actual doctor actually said that??

-No way a real doctor would say something like that...

-You may think that doesn't make sense, but actually, there are doctors like that out thereㅎ Just because you have never met one, doesn't mean they don't exist.

-Not even a counseling center, but a hospital?

-Regardless of whether this was just a made-up story or not, I've also been hurt by a psychiatrist's words before...

-I'm sorry for being poor, ugly, and stupid... However, you're a living trash for not willing to make an effort to make your patient feel better. 

-The OP just said he told his psychiatrist, not that he went for a consultation. That psychiatrist could be one of his friends. Also, he may have asked that when they were out to drink...

-Do you guys believe everything you see on the Internet?

-That OP might have interpreted his psychiatrist's words in his own way...

-I've been to a psychiatrist before and all she did was listen to me. She only responses to my words when I ask her to. 

trazy.com