Klook.com

Friday, May 19, 2023

40% of domestic K-pop fans are 'multifandom'

 

This survey includes a total of 1,085 participants

'Are you multifandom?'

Among Korean fans, a significant majority of 60% exclusively like one group, while 40% like multiple groups. Conversely, among global fans, 25.5% only like one group, while 75.5% display an interest in multiple groups.

'What made you join the fandom?'

Among Korean fans, the distribution of the reason is as follows: 64% (581 fans) joined the fandom after watching performance videos, 55% (507 fans) became fans because of their songs, 38% (352 fans) were drawn in by their self-produced content, 37% (338 fans) were attracted by their appearance in variety shows, 18% (162 fans) joined the fandom because of their SNS presence, and 17% (157 fans) were influenced by their friends.

Among global fans, the breakdown is as follows: 78% (136 fans) became fans because of their songs, 63% (113 fans) were drawn by their performance videos, 50% (90 fans) became fans because of their self-produced content, 43% (78 fans) were attracted by their appearance in variety shows, 26% (47 fans) joined the fandom because of their SNS presence, and 17% (31 fans) were influenced by their friends. 

https://naver.me/GKvRmL4P

theqoo

-As someone who doesn't even bother to watch self-produced content of idols that I don't know, this is fascinating. I tend to discover idols through their appearance in variety shows. I'm not interested in idols I don't know, that's why I don't watch their content at all. 

-It's fun to like multiple groups all at once. I get to watch various performances and self-produced content. 

-As someone who has multiple biases, I have to admit that it's very hard. Let alone liking multiple groupsㅜㅜ I personally prefer to only like one group...

-That is very fascinating. I only like one idol. I don't even stan the other members in his group.

-Promotion periods tend to get shorter these days, that's why I personally think only liking one idol is not fun enough...

-I have a bias, but I also casually stan other female idolsㅋㅋ I don't stan her as much as I did before. I only watch the videos and content that I feel like watching and spend my money reasonably. I have never been this happy as a fangirlㅋㅋ

-I like all idol groupsㅋㅋㅋ I have a bias in every idol groupsㅋㅋㅋ But I only support three groups and one solo artistㅎㅎ

-I only stan one female idol, but there's nothing much to watch so I end up stanning other idols as well. 

-There's only one group that I passionately support and spend my money on. However, I also casually listen to songs and watch content from multiple other groups. Occasionally, I also purchase a copy of their albums at most. 

-At first, I didn't understand how people can like multiple groups. However, I eventually became one of themㅋㅋ I have a lot of biases and they're all from different groups

-Back then, people would get hated for liking multiple groups. They would even be called names as wellㅋㅋㅋㅋ I really like how liking multiple groups is being normalized nowㅋㅋㅋ

-I can only get drawn to other groups if I quit a fandom first...

-I'm a fan of 2 boy groupsㅋㅋㅋ I'm very busy and happy...

-I'm having a lot of fun because my bias is in multiple groupsㅋㅋㅋ I don't spend a lot of money on my bias, though...

-What's the standard of being a fan?ㅎ I've been the concerts of 4 girl groups. But I only identify myself as a fan of one of them and not the remaining 3...

trazy.com