Klook.com

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

'A company canceled my employment because I don't want to get vaccinated' ... A job applicant talks about how the country won't hire you if you're unvaccinated

 

A company canceled my employment because I'm not getting a vaccination.

I just passed a job interview and I am supposed to start working next Monday. But the company called me and asked me if I am vaccinated, to which I answered I am not. I also told them that I don't have any plans to get vaccinated in the future because I'm afraid of the side effects. They apologized and told me that they no longer can hire me. They should've mentioned that during the job interview. I already declined a job offer from another company because of them. I am very taken aback. 

To this post, another netizen also spoke up about their experience, 'After applying, I got a message that I got the job. Along with it said, 'We only hire those who are fully vaccinated. If you are not fully vaccinated, your employment is canceled'. I am avoiding getting vaccinated so that I don't die. The world is going crazy'. Other netizens also speak up their thoughts, 'What kind of company is that?', 'So people are getting left out because they are not vaccinated'. Some think the opposite, 'Do they think that they don't have to get vaccinated just because the others are getting vaccinated and the herd immunity will be achieved?', 'If I were the director of that company, I wouldn't hire them (unvaccinated people) too'.

instiz

-I don't know much, but how can you not get vaccinated if you work for a company? Everyone is equally scared and doesn't want to get vaccinated, but they still get it. 

-It's totally your right to get vaccinated or not. However, you should bear the consequences that come along with your choice, right? Do you think we're all not scared of getting vaccinated?

-Of course, they won't hire you if you told them you don't have any plans on getting vaccinated at all...

-You could've just said that you are going to get vaccinated...

-It's your right to get vaccinated or not. But it's also the company's right to accept only those who are vaccinated. If you don't like that policy, go find another company. The company would've risked a lot if they accepted you, who are unvaccinated. How could you write that post as if you just did a good thing?ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-Just like it is your freedom to get vaccinated or not, it's the company's freedom to only accept those who are vaccinated^^

-If I work for the company, I wouldn't have hired you too. You not getting vaccinated just because you're scared of it makes it sound like you would reject the company's request when they ask you to do something. 

-Yes, the company is also wrong for not telling that before the interview. But they probably think you're already vaccinated because everyone is lately. I think the other companies also have a similar policy regarding vaccination.

-Just like you not getting vaccinated because you're scared, the company is not hiring you because they're scared as well.

-You should've used another reason. If I work for the company, I wouldn't hire you too...

trazy.com