Klook.com

Friday, February 23, 2024

, ,

IU & Tang Wei's 'Shh' Music Video Interpretation

 

Tang Wei (h) is watching someone from the car.


On the road she's looking at, there's IU (s).


Tang Wei, who follows IU. Tang Wei seems to know who IU is.


IU approaches Tang Wei.




Why are you staring?

IU looks into Tang Wei's eyes.


The two of them head to a house



There are photos of IU and her daughter there.


"Even the vacant stare seems to resemble her,
Could it be because they share the same eyes?"



Tang Wei discovered a closed warehouse.



IU approaches and opens it.
A pleasant nightmare, an unpleasant dream.



Tang Wei decides to tell IU the truth.



The path where IU stood was the path Tang Wei was looking at, the path of a mother.



The daughter is confined for loving her mother,
In the red warehouse away from reality,
In a pleasant nightmare, an unpleasant dream, perhaps in her own heart.


Tang Wei looks distressed.
She tells her mother to leave her, so she won't be confined by her.
Even if that means she'll never see her again...



Having heard the story, IU gently strokes Tang Wei.


And then she tells her own story.



-She shouldn't be here too.
Where Tanwei was, the place where IU was watching, the daughter's spot.


"Actually, I saw you first."
IU recognized her daughter at first sight.



"She was my friend long ago. I hid her away, too."
And IU confesses about the experience of confining someone just like that.

In the blue reality, they head towards the car trunk.


In the crimson dream, Tang Wei finds himself in IU's place.


IU, between reality and dream where Tang Wei stands, knows the truth.
Whether this is reality or a dream.



And what Tang Wei faces is herself in the crimson dream


And also in the blue reality.
The person IU has confined is Tang Wei's past and present, dream and reality.



IU, who told the truth, looks sad

Tang Wei, who heard the story, looks confused

The mother knew she was her daughter
And in response to the suggestion of departing for her sake,
She insists that she won't leave.


The daughter and IU lie just like Tang Wei in the previous scene, gazing at each other,
as if they've confined each other,
Within the world of mother and daughter.
"Connecting each other"
"How special we are"



IU looks at Tang Wei with the eyes that were once gazing at her daughter.


"At last, time reflects your eyes"

The mother sees the daughter's future.
The daughter of the future meets the mother of the past.



Now Tang Wei understands.
That her mother recognized her first.
Even though her mother knows everything,
She will still stand on that road, waiting for her.

So now, it's okay to wake up from this dream, because she met her mother and heard her story, even if she's not there when she wakes up from the dream...



In reality, her mother had her own life.
The time no one confined her.
But the picture of her mother will eventually change into a picture of mother and daughter.





And once again, the meeting of mother and daughter repeats,
Two people who confine each other and recognize each other.


-Ah... After reading it all, why am I feeling so emotional? Thank you for the wonderful interpretationㅠㅠ I miss my mom.

-So sadㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ

-I didn't understand, but after reading this post, I somewhat get it. Tearsㅠㅠ

-I've had thoughts like that too... How nice would it be if my mom didn't just give birth to me and live her own life freely? She's the type of person who enjoys studying and likes challenges. But if I say this, my mom would choose me, so watching this music video's interpretation, I recall the times when I had such thoughts before ㅠ

-While watching it, although I didn't have an exact interpretation, there were parts that struck a chord with me... the relationship between a mother and daughter seems really complicated, difficult to just describe as a parent-child relationship.

-It might sound cruel to the mom.. but if I ever see my past mom, I want to tell her not to choose me, not to get married, but just live more freely.

-I feel like the relationship between a mom and daughter is the most complex one. 

-I got into an argument with my mom today, now my heart feels even more complicated. 

-I had this kind of conversation with my mom yesterday... she said she regrets the time she lost because of me.

-If my child were to come back in time to meet the younger me, I feel like I would still choose you. However, if I were to meet our younger mom, instead of choosing me, I'd want her to live as she wishes. 

-Thinking about my mom, I want to tell her not to marry my dad but to pursue her dreams. But when I think about my daughter, I want to meet her even if I have to be born againㅠㅠㅠ

-Many daughters have thought about this at least onceㅠㅠㅠ

-I've never really thought about what my mom was like before she became my mom... By the way, IU, who has these thoughts and wrote this song, seems really romantic and affectionate

trazy.com