Klook.com

Monday, August 22, 2022

, ,

The recent whereabouts of the person who drew these SNSD characters sock

 The SNSD socks that were famous at the time


It's often seen in the traditional markets or trucks that sell socks. I'm sure '90s kids have experienced having their mom buying them one of these socks as she went for groceriesㅋㅋㅋㅋ

But what actually happened behind it is: 
'Because of the popularity of the fanart, some shameless people start using Kang Dong's SNSD fan art without permission for commercial use' 

The fanart was really popular that people are using it without permission. Since the SNSD socks are really popular, they start to make other merchandise with the fan art.

If you wonder how popular the socks were back then: 
SNSD's Seohyun and Yuri wore it on a TV Show (SNSD and most of the fans had no idea that the art was being used without any permission)

Other fan arts that Kang Dong made:









And now that SNSD is celebrating their 15th anniversary and making their 1st comeback in 5 years, he made this fan art:

Hello, this is Kang Dong. I'm finally posting again after such a long time.
I was really active in Busan Bang and Sosidang back then. However, I got employed in a different field and started to become busy. Since then, I almost had no time to post at allㅠㅠ
Recently, SNSD made a comeback and there are just a lot of things I'm grateful for every day. I was reminded of all the characters I used to draw. So, I drew them again.
Have a nice day!



-Hul... I recognize those characters

-Whoa, that Kissing You fan art brings back so many memories...

-Hul... I used to have those characters as my phone wallpaper...

-Whoa... It has been a really long time since I saw those fan arts...

-Hukㅠㅠ I'm tearing up. Seeing those fan arts brings me so many memories...

-I cried so hard when I saw that fan posted a new fan art recentlyㅠㅠㅠ

-I used to print those fan art and try to copy them when I was in primary schoolㅠㅠ This post seriously brings me so many memories back...

-As an SNSD's fan since primary school, I really loved those fan arts. It's nice to know that he's backㅠㅠ He's really good at pointing out each member's charms...

-Oh!! Out of all the other SNSD's fan art, these were my favorite!! I used to print them out and stick them on my pencil case, schedule, pencil, etcㅠㅠㅠ Whoa... Old times. It's really nice to know that he's back. I feel like I'm gonna cry...

-Oh my goodness... Good old times. I remember seeing those fan art everywhere.

-Hul... His art was being used without any permission?
trazy.com