Klook.com

Tuesday, March 12, 2024

"Would you marry me?" 47-year-old bachelor city councilor proposes publicly during parliamentary inquiry session

 

A male city councilor in his 40s, affiliated with Gwangyang City Council in Jeollanam-do, proposed to a civil servant during a council session. Criticism arose for his inappropriate conduct in a public setting, but the councilor expressed regret, stating, "I apologize for causing controversy," while also explaining, "I felt compelled to express my feelings in this manner."

According to sources from Gwangyang City Council on the 12th, Park Cheol-soo, a member of the Democratic Party, unexpectedly said during a parliamentary inquiry session the previous day, "I apologize for speaking personally during the plenary session."

Park stated, "I didn't want to miss the chance with someone who has many things I don't have," adding, "I felt I had to make this public to have a chance with this woman," as he called out the name of A, a 41-year-old employee of the health center's food sanitation department.

"Will you marry me?"

Park's proposal was relayed to government officials through internal broadcasting. After his speech, Park visited A's office and eventually received her acceptance of his proposal. Park and A had been dating for almost two months.

While colleagues congratulated the public proposal, some criticized it as "inappropriate to make personal statements in the council chamber." In response, Park remarked, "It was certainly inappropriate to make personal statements in the sacred council chamber as a councilor," but he also said, "I didn't want to miss out on finding a connection at a late age. That's how desperate I was."

"I agonized over this for days, but I also wanted to show her how convinced I was," Park continued, saying, "Although I knew it was wrong, I couldn't control myself. I will humbly accept criticism and reflect on this mistake."

While Gwangyang City Council recorded the entire session containing Park's public proposal, they opted not to release the proposal segment, citing it as "private content."

theqoo

-Even high school students wouldn't use school broadcasting station to confess their love. Is the city council a joke?

-As expected, useless city councilor.

-A city councilor who can't even distinguish between public and private...

-Wow... Unbelievable......

-He should be disciplined. Is he out of his mind?ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-This is not the kind of thing he's being paid for. Why is he acting like that during working hours?

-This is ridiculous, disciplinary action should be taken. He must be out of his mind for not being able to distinguish between public and private.

-Dating for two months and then a public proposal...?

-Looks like someone watched too many dramas

-Dating for two months and then a public proposal during a city council meeting, is he crazy? A, run away!

-It's fortunate that she accepted, but the whole situation itself is so funnyㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-Why do we have city councilors anyway? They're just wasting our taxes.

-He did that after just two months of dating? That woman is a aaint. 

-The worst part is they've only dated for two months. He shouldn't be a city councilor if he can't control his emotions. 

-You really shouldn't confess like that, especially not at work...

-You're a public servant...

-Two months of dating??? Unbelievable

trazy.com