Klook.com

Tuesday, March 12, 2024

,

Indonesians Reaction to K-Netz's Reaction about 'Exhuma' Doing Well in Indonesia

 

Q: Do Indonesians like horror movies?

A: Is that even a question?

ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

It's just like asking if Koreans like kimchi.

It seems like this Monday was a national holiday in Indonesia, that's why the number of viewers increased drastically. 

I'm currently reading their reactions and it seems like Indonesian also has a lot of indigenous beliefs, I guess that's why 'Exhuma' resonates well with them. Some of them even compare it to their own folktales. 

theqoo 

-Ah... So it was really obvious that Indonesians are really into horror movies?ㅋㅋㅋ

-They love horror movies just as much as we love Kimchi??ㅋㅋㅋ I heard the same thing applies to Thais too

-They really love horror moviesㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-It was a national holiday?ㅋㅋㅋ No wonder why the number of viewers incrreased so quickly...

-I saw a Tweet saying, "Horror and shamanism, of course it'll do well in Indonesia. Please create more movies like this"ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Well, it's also the genre of movie we really like as well. Let's just hit 10M viewers first so that Director Jang can create more movies like this with no worriesㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-It seems like they're really into horror moviesㅋㅋㅋ That's fascinatingㅋㅋㅋ

-I clicked on the Tweet because I was curious... I learned that they have horror movies in their cinemas all year longㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-I looked up why 'Exhuma' is a big hit in Indonesia and learned that the market for horror movies there is really huge. Additionally, Indonesians also really love movies about spirits? ghosts? that passed down through tradition. That's the information I could gather from a 10-minutes long video. I also read dozens of comments that seemed like translations from Indonesian reviews, they all thanked this movie for showing such a pretty and handsome shamansㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-Oh... I really want to watch an Indonesian horror movie one dayㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-South East Asians really love movies like thisㅋㅋㅋ

trazy.com