Klook.com

Tuesday, March 12, 2024

,

Chungha Confesses Trauma as The First Celebrity who Tested Positive for COVID-19 ... "Felt Like a Criminal"

 

Singer Chungha opened up about her feelings regarding being the first confirmed case of COVID-19 in the entertainment industry.

On this day, Chungha mentioned that in 2020, news of her being the first celebrity to test positive for COVID-19 came out.

Chungha recalled, "At that time, it was a period when everyone was very afraid of COVID-19" and said, "I felt like a criminal."

She continued, "Because of that memory, I don't often go to crowded places. To me, it's a trauma that doesn't seem like a trauma."

theqoo

-The beginning of the pandemic was indeed really terrifying. It wasn't the fear of being infected that was scary, but the fear of being socially crucified if caught tested positive for COVID-19. I really don't want to experience such a horrible situation againㅠㅠ

-It was understandable, especially since there was no vaccine in the beginning of the pandemic. One of my acquaintances tested positive in the beginning of the pandemic and was hospitalized for 50 days. At that time, there was nothing we can ddo.

-Even non-celebrities got cursed at when they got infected, I can't imagine how tougher it must've been for celebritiesㅠㅠㅠ

-In the beginning of the pandemic, your every move would be disclosed even if there were only one or two people reported positive in your region. At that time, I worked at a sports club and I had to report my movements after work every day. Looking back now, it seems absurd, but back then, I guess there was nothing else that we can do...

-Chungha stirred controversy for testing positive after attending a birthday party. The entire region was put under lockdown after that. I can't imagine how she must've felt. It felt like living under martial law with curfews. 

-It was indeed really terrifying at the beginning of the pandemic...

-I remember how crazy it was in the beginning... All of your whereabouts got exposed...

-Back then, your whereabouts would be exposed if you tested positive. It was to the point where people were treated like criminals for getting infected. Of course, everyone around the world was really sensitive about it. 

-At that time, vaccines weren't developed yet. There were deaths, schools had to be closed, and healthcare workers were struggling. It might sound like an overreaction now, but considering the circumstances back then, it was understandable. 

-I was more scared of transmitting the virus to someone else than being sick myself. 

-It was really terrifying, my friend's mother had to be hospitalized for a really long time. 

trazy.com