Klook.com

Friday, May 11, 2018

,

I cried in the middle of working part-time

For your information, I don't go to school and work part-time on a convenience market..

This afternoon, a man and his daughter came to the market and bought a pack of cigarette. But he didn't have any lighter so he asked whether if he could borrow the lighter, so I said that he needs to buy one in order to use it. He complained about how I, who's just a part-timer, insist him to buy one when the manager usually just lends him to lit it once.

So I said, 'I can't let you do that because I'm a part-timer'. He kept on grumbling and finally left the market. 

나가서도 가지도 않고 앞에서 서성대더라고. 그러더니 안되겠는지 들어와서 라이터 하나 집더니 600원을 카운터에 던지고 나가더라 찍어보지도 않았는데ㅋ;

But he didn't go right away, and instead he just stood in front of the market. A few minutes later, he came back to the market, grabbed a lighter, and threw 600 Won to the counter.. I didn't even check the price of the lighter that he tookㅋ;


 그래서 그 라이터를 찍어보니까 700원이야. 편의점 알바하면 알겠지만 100원이라도 부족하면 그건 자기가 다 물어줘야하잖아 내가 뭔데 그 아저씨꺼를 물어내야해? 

So I checked it and turns out that the lighter he took costs 700 Won.. Those who have worked part-time before probably know this, that we have to cover up the money even if it just lacks 100 Won.. But why do I have to cover up the money for that middle-aged man? 

I followed him outside the market and told him that the lighter costs 700 Won and he needed to give me another 100 Won, but he already lit the lighter and smoked his cigarette. He asked me to change it to the one that cost 600 Won, I was so pissed and annoyed but there was no point of feeling so because he already lit it.

I just wanted him to go as soon as he can, so I just changed it with the one that costs 400 Won. But after handing the lighter to him, he kept on complaining behind my back and asking me to apologize to himㅋㅋㅋㅋ..

I mean, he should've bought the lighter if he wants to lit it. What does that make the others who buy the lighter, then?

Even though he just lit it once, what did the others do wrong that they have to buy the product that he has already used?

So I just apologized like, 'Ah okay, I'm sorry'.. Went inside the market and do my things, but I couldn't help and tear up..

I was trembling so hard, I couldn't even properly stand..

I can't explain this through words but you know.. A middle-aged man keeps being mean to me and I can't do anything about that since he's so much older than me..

I cried so hard and decided to call my manager. I told him everything, I told him that I was so scared. He comforted me and said that he would check the CCTV to see the guy I talked about. He told me to stay still behind the counter and to report to the police if I felt attacked. I checked to see the man after the call and he wasn't there anymore. 

But I just felt so unfair and upset so I couldn't stop crying. The costumers kept coming in while I cried, they probably noticed how red my nose has turned..


[+372][-8]

ㅇㅇ |2018.05.10 15:36 신고하기
The manager is so kind..
103
2
ㅇㅇ |2018.05.10 20:21 신고하기
It's such a relief that the manager is a kind personㅠ
75
0
ㅇㅇ |2018.05.10 13:32 신고하기
I've went through the same situations for numerous time..ㅠㅠ Middle-aged men are just the worst..
69
1
ㅇ |2018.05.10 14:33 신고하기
There are a lot of middle aged men and women who look down on us because we're girls and young.. You really need to report things like this to your manager, tell him how much middle-aged men like him scare you that you can't even do your job properly because of them..
21
0
ㅇㅇ |2018.05.10 23:25 신고하기
They're just taking it on the young part-timers because they aren't accepted in the society.. Don't mind people like him..
17
1
ㅇㅇ |2018.05.10 14:56 신고하기
When I worked as a part-timer, the people in 20s are the nicest ones.. And then the 10s.. There are some of grandparents who are rude, but the worst ones are middle aged men and women..
12
0
trazy.com