Klook.com

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

,

I hope The Division 2 of JYP Ent. would start to improve

It has been 6 years since Got7's debut, they've been growing throughout the years. So far, they have made records in Billboard, iTunes Chart, etc, and still continue to show their development. However, there's no big difference you can see between Got7 now and in 2014, the year they debuted. 

Seems like International fans are also very raged for this. They even rented an LED truck to protest to JYP Ent. They also trended several Hashtags that mentioned Got7 and JYPE worldwide. 

As a fan of Got7, there are some things about JYP that I'm not satisfied with. I'll list them down. 
Fans of other JYP Ent's artists would relate to this, this is JYP Ent's biggest problem.
Since Got7 is my bias, I'll list down examples from Got8

Sasaengs uploading pictures of where Got7's members live is not even a surprise anymore. 
Jackson once involved in an accident because his car was hit by a sasaeng's car, he had to miss a schedule because of this
Sasaengs also have put Jinyoung in a difficult position by stalking him to the filming set or drama ending parties. 
Youngjae has called out sasaengs to stop invading his privacy several times.
I thought they would be less wild because of the COVID-19 outbreak, especially since Got7 has less offline schedules during the pandemic. But I was wrong. 

Got7 also receives tons of malicious comments. I've seen a lot of them throughout the years. 
They're all left by those who quit the fandom and stanned other groups. 
It seems like they like those other groups more than they like Got7. 
They break out every words and things the boys do, down to the smallest thing, and put meanings into each of them as the reason to hate them. 
They wouldn't explain a situation completely and only pick out the parts that may cause controversies and spread it on the Internet. 

I've also seen a lot of haters and akgaes attacking the boys and also the fans.
I think these haters are very self-conscious. 
They feel somehow entitled because the new fans actually believe in what they say. 

JYP Ent said they're going to take legal actions towards the malicious comments, but I'm afraid they're just saying it and not actually going to do it. Because I have never seen JYP Ent. actually taking legal actions towards the haters. 

Got7 has a lot of overseas schedules (Even though not for now, due to the COVID-19 outbreak)
That's why when Got7 has a comeback, Korean fans have high hopes for them to promote their comeback in TV Shows or Radio shows in South Korea. But they get none of it. 
In Got7's latest comeback, Not By The Moon, they only made appearances on Weekly Idol, Dingo, and some Radio Shows. But fans appreciated it so much that it made them emotional. 
Because in their previous comebacks, JYP Ent. wouldn't even give them those guest appearances.

Now that I think about it, Got7 barely makes any appearances as a full-group in TV Shows, except for:
-Star King on their early debut days, in which all they did was just to clap their hands
-We Got Married on their early debut days, as some bypassers
-Weekly Idol (I don't know why, but they didn't have any guest appearances last year)
-Idol Room for once
-Knowing Brother for once, with JYP 
-Running Man for twice, as some bypassers
I can't think of anything else besides this. 
Got7's members have talked about which TV Shows they wish they could make a guest appearance on and how they wish they would get more recognition in South Korea
As a fan, I find it so difficult to see Got7 on TV Shows apart from music shows. 

The other divisions usually promote their artists' comeback on social media, except for Division 2
They did it once (And it was posted awhile after the album was released), so we thought they were going to do it again for their next comebacks, but we were wrong. 
And obviously, no Youtube promotions. 
If you ever see any Got7's promotions on social medias, it's most likely done by the fans, not by their company. 

Does that mean JYP is good at promoting them in overseas? No
They barely promote them, even International fans have no idea when to buy the tickets when they have concert overseas, etc. Not to mention that the period of time to buy the tickets was so short.
Canadian fans even personally made flyers to promote Got7 and their concert. 
There's even this sad, but funny internal joke made by Got7's North American fans. They said, 'Michael Jackson didn't even do this far'

Got7 made appearances on Good Day New York in 2018, 2019 (During their North American Tour), and during Jackson's solo album promotions. 
The representative of the show said that they've always wanted to invite Got7, but their company was so hard to reach that they needed help from fans. 
Fans tried to reach out JYP through the social medias, and thanks to them, Got7 got to make guest appearances on the show. 
Seems like JYP's staffs don't read emails in English. I've seen several shows wanting to have Got7 and Jackson on their shows but couldn't because JYP Ent. is so hard to reach. 

I think some other artists from JYP Ent. do, but Got7 doesn't have their albums on Amazon. 
That's why International fans spend a lot of money just to buy an album. 
I heard if they sell their albums on platforms like Amazon, it could contribute to the sales and help Got7 to be in Billboard Main Charts, which is a big deal for their overseas career. 
I heard some other divisions signed their artists with overseas labels earlier this year, but I heard nothing from Division 2

It doesn't end right here. Got7's members personally produce and compose their own albums, especially the leader, JB. But it seems like the company interferes his works a lot. 
Park Jinyoung changed the lyrics of Eclipse, it originally was 'Leave your uneasiness to me'. But he changed it to, 'I'm uneasy, stay by my side. I only have you' 
It seems like JB also tries to modify the songs he produces and composes so that it could match Park Jinyoung's preferences. 

JB produced and composed Page, which got tons of positive reactions during the year-end stage last year. That song was originally nominated to be Got7's title tracks, but was denied by their company because 'it doesn't suit Got7's color'. And this didn't only happen to just one song. 
I don't know what JYP has in mind about 'Got7's color'. I bet he can't even explain that himself.
Ever since Got7's member actively contributed in producing and composing their own songs, Got7's range of music got even wider. They also have tried out different concepts throughout their careers. 
Even as an old fan, I can't describe Got7's color in just one word. 

Fans have tried to deliver these complains through their official fancafes and emails several times, but nothing has changed. 
Divison 2 is handling two groups, ITZY and Got7, with less than 30 staffs. 
I think I kind of understand why JYP is so bad at their job, but at the same time, I don't understand why they're not hiring more staff to this division. 

Every time I hear the media calling JYP as one of the biggest entertainment companies, mentioning JYp as the Leader of Entertainment, etc. I can only laugh. 

I think Got7 is going to have a comeback within 1 to 2 months. So please, show us more improvement and effort!! 











[+374][-33]

1. [+110][-15] This group has it all, from the looks to the talents. Their company is the only thing that's keeping them for hitting big. Please, stop saying that Got7 is the group that puts a halo over JYP's name. It's frustrating.

2. [+97][-4] Got7 is practically abandoned by JYP Ent at this rate. The other artists still have guest appearances on TV Shows, even when they're not promoting a comeback, but not for Got7. I mean, they don't even have guest appearances when they're promoting their comebacks. Not to mention that their company only tweeted about their comeback for onceㅋㅋㅋㅋHow could they hand out the songs they made to Japan... I can't believe JYP Ent

3. [+84][-5] The story about that American TV Show shocks me the most. If it's real, they're the worst. Please, be a little nice to our boys~~ I beg you. I don't even ask you to treat them like how the other companies treat their idols. Just treat them just like how other divisions treat their artists. Stop saying and start acting. 

4. [+46][-0] I'm a fan of a group in Division 3, honestly all divisions are the same, I don't even know why they divided it like that. Each divisions handle their artist differently, Division 2 has been gaining hate for not doing their job, Division 3 has been gaining hate for doing their job poorly, etc. I think the problem is with the higher-ups, they don't seem to have the need to change their system. They don't even bother to invest on their own artists. I don't know what's so hard with taking legal actions towards the haters. I'm so sick of this. Fans know that this company only care about their external image, that's why they rented a truck to just to protest. The thought of this makes me let out a sighㅋㅋㅋ If this is how they're gonna do it, I think it'd be better if they stop this division system. The fact that they've been using the same MV Producer team for 13 comebacks over the 5 years show how much they're not willing to invest on their artists. Please, do something about those stalkers and haters, too. I love all of JYP's artists, I want to fangirl over them peacefully. Hearing people saying that Division 3 is the best ones out of all the divisions is kind of frustrating me. What's wrong with JYP?

5. [+39][-0] Studio J is also problematic...
trazy.com