Klook.com

Saturday, February 17, 2024

Does marriage really make holidays look like this?

 

These are the pictures that Lee Hyori posted on her Instagram. I thought it was posted as satire at first. Is this real and not staged?ㅜㅜ

pann
[+784][-72]

1. [+433][-19] It's real. Those scenes were exactly what I saw when I was in elementary school. The women were busy making food in the kitchen, while the men were busy sitting and waiting to eat...

2. [+351][-10] Yep, even now, if men just put the food they've made on the table, they become the epitome of domesticity and sweetness. Even though women make all the food.

3. [+278][-10] About 7 out of 10 married couples are like that, lol. Daughters-in-law suffer a lot. If you end up with a crappy husband who won't even help, always asking for side dishes, alcohol, or whatever else, every holiday will become hell.

4. [+237][-4] That's exactly how it was for my mom's generation (she's in her 60s now). That's how I grew up seeing it, and there are still many households like that today~

5. [+227][-6] Absolutely. Sometimes I couldn't even eat properly. When the fruit wouldn't go into my mouth. Recently, my husband's cousin got married. His wife came wearing pretty clothes and spent the whole day in the kitchen like that. Unless the hierarchy changes, I'm just a lower-ranked person, so I couldn't do anything about it... It's really pitiful. As the number of people decreases, the hierarchy remains the same, with few new people, making it difficult to change. My son also says he hates holidays and feels suffocated. I think everyone from the higher generation needs to pass away before there can be any change. Personally, I won't do any of it. Men eat the food they're served, eat fruit, wear suits, bow a few times, sit down, and are served food and drinks again... Women occasionally chat, make meals and ceremonial dishes, do the dishes, and when they're told to bring this or that, they have to do it, and they even have to eat cold rice. It's really not good.

trazy.com