Klook.com

Thursday, April 25, 2024

, , ,

GFriend's Members Talk About the Sudden Contract Termination

 

Sowon's Interview

Q: Since you have spent your time together from the age of 21, parting ways from GFriend after 8 years wouldn't be easy. 

A: It was indeed very difficult for me to gather my thoughts at that time. The news came so suddenly. I had always thought about becoming an actress one day, but I never expected that time to be now. Despite the difficulty of parting ways and the pain it brought, I knew I had to keep moving forward, creating my own path. I couldn't just let myself drown in hardships. Of course, it took quite some time to accept that fact. It's been almost a year now, and the other members have all accepted and adapted to it. Honestly, I feel like I'm the one having the hardest time adjusting. 

SinB's Interview:

SinB: We didn't know if it was our last promotions. We couldn't be the ones to bring it up first like, 'We're not doing this anymore. We're not renewing our contracts.' So actually, before the article came out (about the contract ending), about a month before, if you see the V Live Broadcast that our members did, we were crying while watching videos of fans cheering us on. 

So, on the day the article came out, we didn't expect it to come out. That's why we cried a lot. Each three of us lived in the same dorm. I lived with Sowon Unnie and Eunha Unnie, you know? In the morning, when the articles came out, we all came out of our rooms at the same time, while crying. We didn't expect it to come out that day. We were just crying and stuff. 

So... Last year was probably a really tough year for all of us, we just didn't show it to our fans. I never expected it to be the year where I would cry so much. I think I already cried out all of my tears last year. Actually, I hope GFriend will release an album again some day... Or meet again and reunite...

theqoo

-GFriend had a lot of fans... The worst management ever...

-Why did they do that to GFriend...

-GFriend is really my favorite group ever...

-Sure, groups disband all the time. But not like this. What kind of handling is this?

-That's exactly why I hate it when people say things like 'Source Music is an angel' or Source Music is a saint'. It's disgusting. 

-Wasn't that before Min Heejin went to ADOR?

-But what I really don't understand is that Source Music itself was a well-established agency with GFriend being popular. So why did they do that?

-This is exactly why I hate Source Music.

-Their concept changed after joining HYBE, but their quality also improved. It felt like another version of GFriend. However, I agree that it was too sudden. 

-This has nothing to do with New Jeans, it's just Source Music being a scoundrel.

-This is legendary... The Shameless Ending of Source Music. It's really disappointing. 

trazy.com