Klook.com

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

, ,

'Wedding Impossible' Jeon Jongseo's Stagnant Acting is a Misfit, Just Like Ill-Fitting Clothes

 

'Wedding Impossible' is a drama depicting the romantic mission of aspiring actor Na Ah-jeong (played by Jeon Jongseo) who decides to enter a fake marriage with her childhood friend Lee Do-han (played by Kim Do-wan), and her brother-in-law Lee Ji-han (played by Moon Sang-min) who opposes the marriage, based on the popular web novel of the same name, which has also been remade into a webtoon and received love.

Along with the popularity of the original work, 'Wedding Impossible' received attention as 'Jeon Jongseo's romantic comedy', but the tvN Monday-Tuesday drama is currently struggling with low ratings. Starting with a viewer rating of 4.0% for the first broadcast, 'Wedding Impossible' has not been able to move beyond that, and the viewer rating for the fifth episode broadcast on the 11th recorded 3.7%, dropping to the 3% range, and the buzz is also quietly fading away.

Many viewers attribute the decline in ratings to the lead actors of 'Wedding Impossible'. Since it's a romantic comedy, the chemistry between the male and female leads should be the backbone of the show's appeal, but both Jeon Jongseo and Moon Sang-min seem to struggle in bringing the necessary spark. Their rushed and awkward interactions feel like they're grappling with an unsolved puzzle, which ultimately detracts from the viewer's immersion in the drama.

Although it's refreshing to see Jeon Jongseo taking on her first TV drama challenge, it's disappointing that she isn't able to showcase more charm. Despite leaving a strong impression in genre films like 'The Call' and 'Ballerina', and receiving praise for her performances in romantic comedies like 'Nothing Serious', her lackluster portrayal in 'Wedding Impossible' underscores her limitations.

theqoo

-I think it's just because she has a unique tone. I personally think her acting is quite fine. The male lead's acting genuinely shocked me, though. Every time I hear him talk, I thought I had accidentally fast-forwarded the drama. 

-Her acting skills are... unique. I'm not saying she's a bad actress, though. She's a decent actress. It's just that I couldn't empathize with the female lead. 

-What...? I find her cute because she has a unique acting style

-Relate. Every time she talks, she sounds like she's reading a textbook. It's very awkward.

-She has a unique way of speaking.

-Her acting isn't really strange, it's just that she has an awkward tone when she talks. I watched her drama for the first time, since the movies she previously starred in were really popular. But I was like 'Huh...?' after watching her acting in the drama. 

-I really like her acting, though?...ㅠㅠ

-I like her acting. She's charming and she has her own style of acting, which is good. 

-Huh? Is it that bad?? I think she's just average, though...

-Jeon Jongseo's acting style is unique... It's the male lead who can't act.

-Because of the way she talks, I can't decide whether if she's a good or bad actress. It's ambiguous. 

-She's a great actress. She never loses her own style no matter what genre she's starring in, she's a really amazing actress. 

-It is indeed very awkward. I think it's better for her to not star in rom-coms...

-She doesn't suit rom-coms... Her way of speaking and also her facial expressions are really strange. 

-She's good, but I have to admit that she's quite unique. 

-I think she's fine, though. I'm enjoying her drama. 

-I don't think she's a bad actress. I find her very charmingㅠㅠ I personally really like her

-She might receive mixed opinions, but she's so much better than I expected. The drama itself is just... boring.

trazy.com