Klook.com

Thursday, March 21, 2024

Tanghulu Shop Owner Struggles to Sell Even 10 a Day After the Trend Ends in Just Nine Months

 

A user expressed their frustration on an online community, saying, "I opened up a Tanghulu shop last June and enjoyed it, but the trend ended after just nine months. I tried selling strawberry mochi with the hope of holding onto something, but who even eats strawberry mochi these days? I foolishly paid money to learn for nothing. Even the shop owners I know, who trained more than five people, say they can't even sell ten in a day. I hope there won't be any more people going to learn."

Furthermore, they complained, "Fruit prices are already high, and I have a lot on my mind these days. I opened a Tanghulu shop, but I'm not making any sales, and I don't even have a refund for the deposit."

Upon hearing this news, netizens reacted with comments such as, "A Tanghuru shop opened near my house too, but it attracted only flies," "I knew it wouldn't last long," "It's really sad," "How about trying different options?"

theqoo

-I can totally see why... Fruits are getting really expensive these days

-It would be fine if they lowered the price a bit... Honestly, 4,000 KRW (~$3 USD, ~Rp47.000 IDR) for just six pieces is a bit... expensive...

-Kids don't eat it anymore? For adults, Tanghulu is just something they tried once because it was trendy...

-It wasn't meant to be a long-lasting trend from the start...

-I used to buy them but now I'm afraid of gaining weight, so I don't eat them.

-It's expensive + because of diabetes...

-I want to eat it, but it's expensive, so I'm holding back ㅠㅠ

-I'll buy it if it's 1,500 to 2,000 KRW (~$1 to $1,50 USD, ~Rp17.000 to Rp23,000 IDR)

-I have to try it at least once before it disappears, but I can't because of bracesㅠㅠㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-Tried it once and won't eat it again.

-Teenagers, the target audience, don't care about sugar-related issues. I think they just no longer interested because it's too expensive and sweet.

-Wasn't it something predictable...?

-I tried it for the first time last week, but I probably won't spend money to buy it again...

-I'm not craving it because it's winter, but I'll probably eat it again when it gets warmer.

-I'm afraid of getting diabetes


trazy.com