Klook.com

Monday, July 1, 2024

,

Red Velvet talks about behind-the-scenes of Yeri joining the group for the first time


Joy: Yeri was originally practicing separately because she was set to debut with her friends as the center of (Red Velvet's) younger sister group


Yeri: When I was first told 'You will be joining Red Velvet,' honestly, I felt a stronger sense of loyalty to my friends. I don't know what gave me the confidence to do so, but when I was only in middle school, so I said...



Yeri: "Then I won't debut. I'll act instead."


Yeri: It wasn't that I disliked these Unnies, but it felt like I was betraying my friends. I even dropped out of school to practice, so I don't have many memories of school or school friends.


Yeri: Those friends felt like my school friends.


-It must have felt like betraying her friendsㅠㅠ But it's very heartbreaking to think about how those friends she practiced with never got to debut.

-Really... she must have been so sadㅠ Still, I'm glad she debuted.

-Understandableㅠㅠㅠ I wonder how did they eventually convince Yeri to join Red Velvet?

-At that age, it's totally understandable.

-It's really sad that all the girls from SM Rookies left.

-I hope all the other Rookies girls are doing wellㅠㅠ

-I thought the SM Rookies would surely debut. It's a shame.

-If SM Ent wasn't going to debut them, they shouldn't have made the girls public...

-It's really sad... ㅠ

-Yeri is still close with those friends. They have a deep bond since they were together from a very young age.

-It's understandable. When you're a teenager, a sense of belonging to a group is huge. Suddenly leaving friends you practiced with to join another group must have felt like a betrayalㅠㅠ

-It must have been really tough for her to experience that at such a young age.

-Why did SM make such a sudden decision... Knowing there would be backlash from adding a member out of a sudden?...  If they intended this, they should have added Yeri from the start. Was she not a trainee when Red Velvet debuted?
trazy.com