Klook.com

Thursday, May 9, 2024

Ex-JYP trainees talk about how they got fired simultaneously


WJ: The one thing that comes to my mind is when we got fired.

CY: Hold on, let me tell you something.

WJ: What? I was the one who brought it up. Okay, let's see how interesting you can make it.

CY: We were originally supposed to be fired on the same day.

WJ: Ah... Really? I didn't know that. 

CY: Yeah, we were supposed to be fired on the same day. But I ended up getting fired earlier than him. I cried a lot, it was chaotic. The other trainees comforted me. He (Woojin) also comforted me a lot. 

WJ: At that time, there were 2 trainees who got kicked out. It was Daehwi and Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon was actually the best among the other trainees, and Daehwi was just a native there. When we heard they got fired, we were shocked like... 'How can this happen?' I was alone on the stairs, thinking how can this happen, when the schedule came out. I realized that my name wasn't on the rap lesson list. So I sent a message, 'Am I not having a rap lesson tomorrow?' and the trainer responded, 'Huh?! Woojin..! You..!! Are still in the company? First of all, let's meet tomorrow.' That day, I jokingly said, 'Hey, maybe I'm going with you guys too'. But the next day, it really happened. We became three comrades. 

CY: It must've been lonely for you.

WJ: It was lonely and it was also more painful. But it wasn't bad. I mean, I feel like an exclusive person. Everyone was sad for me. 

CY: They were? I wasn't there at that time.

WJ: It was chaotic. We were still in schools that time. Some of the trainees even took taxis from their school to the company to see me. Some even returned back to company after they left. 

CY: But in the end, this is youth, isn't it?


In the end, they recalled that moment and ended it by saying that it's 'youth' after allㅋㅋㅋㅋ It might've been a sad story, but it's a relief that they can now laugh and talk about it. 

Watching the video is even funnier, because they're just like bestiesㅋㅋ

After watching the full video, there's an intriguing behind-the-scenes story where Woojin recommended Chayeon to go solo after her activities with IZ*ONE ended. 

It's really interesting!

For those curious but not convinced, I recommend watching the full video since it's not only entertaining but also filled with laughter! 

theqoo

-Woojin's styling in that clip reminds me of Wanna One days.

-I heard that everyone was nervous when they received a call from the agency, wondering what it was about, and then suddenly getting kicked out without any noticeㅠㅠㅠ

-It's fortunate that they all found new companies and debuted.

-I thought they left on their own will...

-It seems like no matter how talented you are, it's all about timing and luck for trainees...

-Wasn't Donghyun in JYP too? His trainee period overlapped with the two as well, right?

-Why did they fire their best trainee??? I don't understand.

-But asking "Were you still at the company?" was too much

-Right, it's better to let them go quickly... It's worse to torture them with false hope when they're not going to debut anyway.

-They speak so cheerfully in the video, but they must have been shocked at such a young ageㅠㅠㅠ

-They must have been even younger then. It must have been very sad.

-But still, JYP at least introduces them to other companies or something?? Unlike other companies...

-Oh, that's cruel...

trazy.com