Klook.com

Sunday, May 12, 2024

A Japanese idol admits that being an idol in Japan is extremely comfortable and free


Q: Because my future dream is to become a K-pop idol, I want to make efforts for that. Is being an idol a difficult profession?

A: Um... I think Japanese idols and Korean idols are completely different. I believe being a Korean idol is really tough. Speaking from my experience, being an idol in Japan is very comfortable. Should I say comfortable? What should I say? Free? We survive without having to focus too much on performance. Of course, they hear various things from people. I think it's really tough to become an idol in Korea because of the high performance level. I don't dance every day. I don't even diet. I just exist cutely.

People wonder why someone who's good at singing would choose to be an idol instead of just being a singer.


-Cute..

-Korea will change like this too soon.

-The word 'idol' in Japan is different from Korea. In Japan, idols who are good at singing and dancing are completely classified as artists. Idols are like the variety entertainers mentioned in the post.

-Being cute is also a skill, isn't it ㅋㅋㅋ

-Reading this makes me frustrated. If HYBE succeeds, Korea will gradually become like that too.

-Well, what can you do if that's how they are? After all, their profession is not a singer but an idol.

-Japanese idols aren't even treated as singers; they don't have singing skills, they just need to show cuteness ㅋ

-Yes, you're cute and all, but it's a problem if you're causing trouble in Korea. Please, let Japanese culture stay in Japan.

-You do you, Japan. I just hope Korea continues to prioritize skills.

-Japanese idols seem to be strict in a different sense when you watch variety shows.

-It's hilarious, but honestly speaking, she looks kinda cute.

-Because the needs of the country are different, there's nothing we can do. 

-That's exactly HYBE's mindset
trazy.com